Tjanpi wholesalers are our partners in helping deliver ethical Central Desert art across the country and the world!
If you're looking to become a wholesaler the first step is to get familiar with our terms listed below, and then complete the application form here. We'd love to hear a about your business/organisation, why you're looking to stock Tjanpi art as well as the links to your social media and/or website.
Before applying please ensure you are able to provide the following:
- Full business details, physical location & ABN (or equivalent);
- Proof that you are the owner of an ongoing retail business; and
- Your commitment to supporting ethical trade of Aboriginal Art (e.g. member of the Indigenous Art Code).
Upon review of your application, if you meet our requirements we will call to introduce Tjanpi and our team, answer any questions you have, as well as talk through your business needs. From there you'll receive your wholesaler pack, account logins and everything you need to start on your Tjanpi journey.
Tjanpi wholesale terms
- Tjanpi’s wholesale discount is 33% off the RRP for baskets and sculptures, whilst the discount rate for merchandise varies across products. Please note that prices on the online store are inclusive of GST. Wholesale customers must not increase the RRP set by Tjanpi without prior consultation and an agreement to share additional profits fairly and transparently with Tjanpi artists. Price points set by Tjanpi reflect our experience and knowledge of marketing Tjanpi artwork. In our experience, increasing the RRP has a negative effect on sales.
- Tjanpi is a member of the Indigenous Art Code (IAC). The IAC ensures (a) fair and ethical trade in artwork; (b) transparency in the process of promotion and sale of artwork; and (c) that disputes arising under the code are dealt with efficiently and fairly.
- Tjanpi cannot offer refunds. We may be able to exchange stock in exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of Tjanpi Desert Weavers.
Image by Tjanpi wholesaler, Australian Design Centre.